Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Life has it's own soundtrack

I feel that music plays an important role in our lives. It helps us get through the tough times and is with us during the happy times, it sooth's the soul in a way. I can remember as a child I loved Madonna and to this day I can sing everyone of those songs, I use to dance around the room to. I can also say I love Classic Rock thanks to my parents playing it everyday.
There were two songs in particular that helped me get through the death of my brother when I was 16, Sarah Mclachlan's Angels and the other is Ozzy Osbourne's See you on the other side. I still love these songs to this day and I think of my brother every time I hear them.
Bob Marley has been one of my all time favorite's since I went on my first vacation with my late husband. We partied every night to him, and I will always remember the song that was playing when I realized I was in love with him, can you guess which song it is? One Love, of course. But there came a time where the happiness ended and hell on earth began. System of a Down was my listening pleasure then as it helped me to release a lot of the rage I had inside me. Times were tough but I never gave up on him, everyone makes bad choices, but some of us can't  dig ourselves back out of the hole we got into. There's a song by Ziggy Marley that totally describes how he thought the world looked at him I suppose which is Black Cat. A great song!
One of my favorite songs though makes me sign my heart out every time I play it, in fact I believe it's number one on my play list. It reassures me that my son and I can do this together and everything is going to be o.k. Dave Matthews Band, You and Me! Without music I don't think I would be the person I am today. Life has been a challenge and a tough one at times, but it's the one thing that has always been there when no one else could be in the way I needed.

I would like to thank all of the great musicians that have touched my life in one way or another and have been with me in the good and the bad.

1 comment:

  1. Very Nicely done Christina, hopefully you are listening to a lot of happy songs in the future.

    ReplyDelete